Thursday 4 June 2009

Hi...My Name Is...And I'm A...


Let us introduce!!

May’s the name. Random’s the game. Doesn’t make sense but I presume this will be the premise of many of my part of the posts.

Me, typing incoherent nonsense, whilst your duty is to make sense of it (Geddit-sense from nonsense. If you don’t then we’re going to have difficulty in later posts). I am one half of this blogging duo (the other half being the amazing Joeystar – but I figure you got that from the title), and I’m the random one. I like to think of my notes as an organised chaos, jumping from one point to another but maintaining some structure. What structure that might be I haven’t a clue.

Yes, so I’m a psychology student and contrary to popular belief I cannot for the life of me read minds. Heck I can’t even read body language or any of that cool stuff people automatically assume psychologists do. Instead ask me anything about Tomas Chamurro-Premuzic and I guarantee thee that I will be able to tell you anything and everything about the man. It’s very reassuring to know that my £3000 in tuition fee is going so far towards my education (!). So if you were hoping I would perform some awesome mind reading analysis on people, not going to happen. I didn’t say I wouldn’t attempt to analyse people though. I plan on engaging in some serious random character break-down, be it an artist from the Korean world or the next door neighbour who keeps irritating me with their cheesy music. Nobody is safe.

I feel as though I’ve become distracted from the focus of this post. This was supposed to be about us (Joey and myself) and somewhere along the line it became a post about psychology and TCP. Organised chaos, organised chaos!

Seriously though, I’m the random side and my duty is to keep the randomness coming. I assure you this will not be difficult, I am random personified. It’s the converting it from random-speak to English that might hold me up.

There are some sounds in randomese that English just doesn’t have. I’m thinking of investing in a translator. Might speed up the process. Might. It’s not a miracle worker. But if it doesn’t make sense, read and re-read and then re-read and then go watch tv. Cause television is both the cure and the enemy.
So why did we create this blog? And why together? I shall answer both in good time. I know nobody actually asked these questions but let us pretend they did.

Why:Because we can. No I’m messing. Joey is one of my closest/best friends and when we’re together be it on msn or at university, we always have the most awesome conversations. And when I see Joey’s artwork and Photoshop creations I always point out that it’s rather selfish to keep such work to herself. So I’m hoping that Joey will bless us with her ingenuity and skill in terms (though not limited to) of art. Believe me thou shalt be impressed. And I need a healthy outlet for my random thoughts. I’ve been warned projecting it onto unsuspecting bystanders isn’t the healthiest way. This blog should soon fix that.

Why together:We were originally going to create two separate accounts but then Joeystar discovered that you can have more than one author per blog. And that concludes that explanation. She provides the creativity and I, the randomness, like lock and key I tell you. Like lock and key.Joey and me together is the best thing since sliced bread. I wonder what was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?Meh.

Again. Distracted. I think I shall round off here. So I’m Maybelle/May the random one and Joey/Joeystar is the awesomely creative one.

Joeystar was responsible for the creation of this blog and I’m sure like me, you’ll be inspired and in awe of her creativity. I promise myself that I shall harness her creativity and use it for evil I mean good. Yes. Good. Cause, I’m not like evil or anything like that. No.Not at all.

And on that note, I bid thee adieu. I rather I left no more incriminating evidence.

------------------------------------------------
Imjoey. Thats all.

I joke, I kid. I’m here to be the art side, with feeble attempts to creatively write too. That’s the aim of this game.

Joeystar aka ME, forms the art part of this creatively random duo. I’m the one who might’ve picked the wrong degree, but nevertheless, if I didn’t I wouldn’t have met May and that would have been a major catastrophe. She fuels me. I wouldn’t be funny without her!

So my job here is to do the creative bit of the randomness. May has got the randomness down, I hope I can pull up the creative! Armed with Photoshop and a blank screen, I hope to meet the requirements.
Get ready for all our kooky adventures, of which there will be LOTS of!!

And so you have it, the first post from the dynamic duo, the femme hubby's, the peas in the pod. Prepare for the most creative ramblings you've seen!

1 comment:

  1. ITS ABOUT TIME YOU TWO!!! I HAVE ALWAYS SAID YOU SHOULD START A BLOG, I REMEMBER BACK WHEN I WAS 16 MONTHS OLD AND BLURTED OUT MY 1ST WORDS..."MAY AND JOJO, DO BLOGGIE" MY PARENTS DIDNT ACTUALLY REALISE THAT WAS MY 1ST WORDS AND THAT EXPLAINS THE BIG FUSS OVER MY LAME CLICHE "MAMA" 4 MONTHS LATER. I HAVE HIGH EXPECTATIONS...HIGH!!!....MY EXPECTATIONS KEEP BUMPING INTO SATELLITE DISHES AND THE OCCASIONAL ASTRONAUT!! I KNOW YOU TWO WILL CREATE MAGIC...JUST BEWARE, YOU MAY BE HAUNTED BY THE GHOST OF WALT DISNEY, HE GETS SO JEALOUS WHEN OTHER PEOPLE CREATE MAGIC...U SHUDDA SEEN WHAT HE DONE TO HOUDINI...TUT TUT TUT

    ReplyDelete